Saturday, June 18, 2011

Saint I – The new Indian

I

Not a mere I, but St. I

I am the Saint... purest of pure

I, a lotus in the dirty pond

Never affected by the dirt around

I

I am a proud Indian

I am proud of ancient India; but not the present

I am concerned, not about me;

But about the whole world around me

I

I am pure, never corrupt

It is the system that is corrupt

I give bribes, but what choice do I have?

I take bribe, how can I manage my life otherwise?

I

I take money for vote

I take liquor for my vote

I take long weekends at vote

But isn’t that all problems of system?

I

I am never to be blamed; I am so pure

I am the society; but its faults are not mine

I am the country; but its weaknesses are not mine

I want strong country; but not my child as soldier

I

I want benefits; but not any taxes

I want cleanliness; but I will still spit

I want money; but hard work is not for me

For I am the people of this great country

I

I am a believer; but only in my God

I want freedom; but not to my neighbour

I want to blame; but not to be blamed

For I am the only one; so pure

I

I can go on; so much to say, but

I have flight to catch; to get out of the way

I will be back; when things are better

But I will have enough; to blame all the way!

8 comments:

  1. You have managed to capture so much complexity in such a simple form: *salute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well presented.One point could have been added like: what the country has given me & what I have given to the country ? based on famous saying of Abraham Lincoln
    PC Narayanan
    Nasik
    Maharashtra

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ addict.. I agree with you..
    It is very difficult to be simple. Jay excellent & thought provoking.
    Naveen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! You touch the heart of the matter so easily! Most excellent. Thoroughly entertaining and profound.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sharing it as much as possible

    ReplyDelete